NEW Sporting Facilities
UCLU delivers great sporting opportunities to all UCL students, but we want to make it even better. Currently UCLU operates the Shenley sports ground as well as facilitating all other competitive sports at venues around London. This project will deliver three main improvements to our sporting provision:
- A plan to play matches at Hackney Marshes, making it the new home of sport at UCL whilst maintaining the ability to play at Shenley. Hackney marshes offers us more space, closer to campus and within walking distance of UCL East in the future.
- A new overarching name and brand for all of our sports teams that aims to build pride in our teams and give them a real sense of identity.
- An expanded Project Active programme. Project Active offers a wide-range of beginner friendly opportunities to be more active. It's non-competitive, no commitment and a great way to learn new skills.
- We've formed a working group to work with our sports clubs to think about what they want from a new brand for all of our sports teams.
- A number of sports teams are already playing their sport at Hackney Marshes, and we continue to work with them to see how we can improve the experience of playing sport there.